Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Although the main focus of this blog is Traumatic Brian Injury (TBI), and I am hopeful that I will meet like-minded (pun intended) people who are thankful for what remains. I welcome all those who have faced the unspoken question, "Get better or get bitter?" and have wholeheartedly answered, "Get better!" I am learning that all of us qualify as the "walking wounded." All of us are facing something in our lives. This blog is a place of rest and healing. I appreciate any comment and will honor any requests for prayer. Consider me your personal prayer warrior!

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Patience and perserverance

The final details are all that is left and then I will have a published book.  I find it ironic that I didn't write a book until after I sustained a TBI. I think it is because I didn't have anything important to say before, or maybe I didn't have the patience to do it.  That is definitely one thing that waking up disabled will do for you - it teaches you patience.  First you must learn to swallow your pride and  ask for help.  Then you must remember to be patient.  When others are taking their time to do something for you, you must learn that it is according to their schedule, not yours.  It can be extremely frustrating, but you will eventually learn patience.  Once you learn patience the world becomes your oyster!  With patience and perserverance any task can be conquered.  This book is the latest example.

No comments:

Post a Comment